September 2021 – June 2022, Torino, Pinerolo (To)
A joint project of
The Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network – Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo
Instrument and chamber music lessons from section leaders of the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale RAI
Playing alongside the RAI orchestra in rehearsals for four concerts in the RAI 2021/2022 season
Scholarships awarded on merit for deserving students
Concerts in prestigious venues
5th year of the Professione Orchestra, the programme designed to train young musicians to work as professional members of an orchestra, developed through a partnership between the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network, famed for its concert performances ranging from the great classical repertorio to historic avantgarde and contemporary music, and the Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo, a school for advanced music teaching focused especially on chamber music and orchestra repertoire.
Performing passages and solos from repertoire, perfecting flexibility of execution, developing the capacity to modulate their musical contribution in response to instructions from the conductors, as well as to those of the individual section leaders: these are just a few of the skills necessary for an orchestra professional. The course we offer covers all of these and more, providing young musicians under 30 with an authentic on-the-job training experience and with advanced music courses, which include lessons in instrument and in chamber music with section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica.
Up to now the winners of scholarships for the Professione Orchestra project have taken part in 40 performance projects, working under eminent conductors like Marc Albrecht, Daniele Gatti, James Conlon, Juraj Valčuha, Ryan Bancroft, Leonidas Kavakos, John Axelrod, Andris Poga, Fabio Luisi, Kirill Petrenko e Dennis Russel Davies. The outcomes of their attendance at the workshops have been very positive and significant for their careers. Approximately 40% have already obtained excellent results in competitions for places in orchestras in Italy and abroad. 20% are now working permanently with prestigious orchestras. The remaining 40% are still finishing their studies at Conservatories or music Academies (many of those who have taken part in the Professione Orchestra workshops are aged between 16 and 23, and are therefore still fully involved in training courses in musicianship).
Two weeks of workshops (four or six days each): 27 September/1 October and 4/9 October, to be held at Palazzo Cisterna in Torino. Each workshop can be activated with 3 students minimum and will be structured as follows:
- Five individual instrument lessons;
- Lessons with the instrument section with programme still to be decided;
- A final assessment test which will be the simulation of an audition for a place in an orchestra.
27 Sept. – 1 Oct. 2021
|Violino / violin||Roberto RANFALDI||scarica il programma di studio|
4 – 9 Oct. 2021
|Violino / violin||Alessandro MILANI||scarica il programma di studio|
|Violoncello / cello||Massimo MACRI’||scarica il programma di studio|
The best students from the workshops will be selected by the Artistic Committee (members are the Artistic Director of the Rai, the Artistic Director of the Accademia di Musica, one teacher from the academy and two section leaders from the Rai Orchestra) to take part in a year-long course that is completely free and will consist of:
- One individual instrument lesson (2 hours) per month, for 4 months with section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica;
- playing alongside the RAI orchestra in rehearsals for four concerts in the RAI 2021/2022 season (the offer of this activity will depend strictly on the internal regulations of the RAI relating to the progress of the pandemic and on the measures put in place by the national Covid task force for the 21/22 concert season);
- 4 chamber music lessons held in Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo taught by the section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica;
- for the chamber music ensembles, one concert insert in the Concert Season of OSN Rai and another in the Concert Season of the Accademia di Musica.
We would like to specify that the scholarships given by the Accademia di Musica, thanks to the contribution of the Fondazione Compagnia di S. Paolo, include all of the activities, as well as covering all the partecipant’s expenses for travel and accommodation.
You will find comments from students who have taken part in the Professione Orchestra project in past years here.
Deadline for applications 9 September 2021, more info in the regulations with the “GARANZIA COVID-19”. If on 13/9/2021 the restrictions put in place by national and regional governments to contain the Covid 19 pandemic make it impossible for the Accademia to hold the Professione Orchestra as normal, application fees will be refunded.
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2021/22 >>
- List of students admitted 2020/21 >>
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2020/21 >>
For any request we invite you to write to us at email@example.com.