September 2023 – June 2024, Torino, Pinerolo (To)
A joint project of
The Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network – Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo
Instrument and chamber music lessons from section leaders of the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale RAI
Playing alongside the RAI orchestra in rehearsals for four concerts in the RAI 2023/2024 season
Scholarships awarded on merit for deserving students
Concerts in prestigious venues
7th year of the Professione Orchestra, the programme designed to train young musicians to work as professional members of an orchestra, developed through a partnership between the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network, famed for its concert performances ranging from the great classical repertorio to historic avantgarde and contemporary music, and the Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo, a school for advanced music teaching focused especially on chamber music and orchestra repertoire.
Performing passages and solos from repertoire, perfecting flexibility of execution, developing the capacity to modulate their musical contribution in response to instructions from the conductors, as well as to those of the individual section leaders: these are just a few of the skills necessary for an orchestra professional. The course we offer covers all of these and more, providing young musicians under 30 with an authentic on-the-job training experience and with advanced music courses, which include lessons in instrument and in chamber music with section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica.
Up to now the winners of scholarships for the Professione Orchestra project have taken part in 96 performance projects, working under eminent conductors like Marc Albrecht, Daniele Gatti, James Conlon, Juraj Valčuha, Ryan Bancroft, Leonidas Kavakos, John Axelrod, Andris Poga, Fabio Luisi, Kirill Petrenko e Dennis Russel Davies. The outcomes of their attendance at the workshops have been very positive and significant for their careers. Approximately 40% have already obtained excellent results in competitions for places in orchestras in Italy and abroad. 20% are now working permanently with prestigious orchestras. The remaining 40% are still finishing their studies at Conservatories or music Academies (many of those who have taken part in the Professione Orchestra workshops are aged between 16 and 23, and are therefore still fully involved in training courses in musicianship).
The project is supported by the contribution of Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo (Main sponsor).
Two weeks of workshops (four or six days each): 11/16 September and 9/14 October, to be held at Accademia di Musica in Pinerolo and Auditorium RAI in Torino. Each workshop can be activated with 3 students minimum and will be structured as follows:
- 4 individual instrument lessons
- rehearsal with the instrument section
- seminary “How to deal with stage anxiety?”
- seminary and lessons of Alexander’s Technique
- meeting with Professors of Rai Orchestra
- a final assessment test which will be the simulation of an audition for a place in an orchestra.
11 – 16 September 2023:
- CLARINET – Baroni Enrico Maria Download the study program
- HARP – Bassani Margherita * Download the study program
- TROMBONE – Di Mario Diego Download the study program
- BASSOON – Giussani Francesco / Hansen-Schwartz Alexander Grandal Download the study program
- HORN – Mattioli Francesco Download the study program
- CELLO – Toso Pierpaolo Download the study program
- OBOE – Patrussi Nicola / Pomarico Francesco Download the study program
9 – 14 October 2023:
- FLUTE – Barletta Alberto Download the study program
- HORN – Bongiovanni Ettore Download the study program
- TRUMPET – Braito Marco / Rossi Roberto Download the study program
- VIOLIN – Milani Alessandro Download the study program
- CLARINET – Milani Luca Download the study program
- TIMPANI – Zoli Biagio / Bartezzati Gabriele * Download the study program
* Harp and timpani courses are at Auditorium Rai in Torino
N.B.: The students are required to obtain the scores by themself
The best students from the workshops will be selected by the Artistic Committee (members are the Artistic Director of the Rai, the Artistic Director of the Accademia di Musica, one teacher from the academy and two section leaders from the Rai Orchestra) to take part in a year-long course that is completely free and will consist of:
- One individual instrument lesson (2 hours) per month, for 4 months with section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica;
- playing alongside the RAI orchestra in rehearsals for four concerts in the RAI 2023/2024 season;
- 4 chamber music lessons held in Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo taught by the section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica;
- for the chamber music ensembles, one concert insert in the Concert Season of OSN Rai and another in the Concert Season of the Accademia di Musica.
We would like to specify that the scholarships given by the Accademia di Musica, thanks to the contribution of the Fondazione Compagnia di S. Paolo, include all of the activities, as well as covering all the partecipant’s expenses for travel and accommodation.
You will find comments from students who have taken part in the Professione Orchestra project in past years here.
Download the call with regulations. Entries to the workshop must be fully and correctly completed and arrive at our email address email@example.com no later than:
- Part I – first workshop (11 – 16 September 2023): deadline 31 August 2023
- Parte II – second workshop (9 – 14 October 2023): deadline 28 September 2023
All those taking part (in both Part I and Part II) will receive a certificate of attendance, confirming their active participation.
Download the call with regulations >>
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2023/24 >>
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2022/23 >>
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2021/22 >>
- Winners of scholarships for Professione Orchestra 2020/21 >>
For any request we invite you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.