September 2019 – June 2020, Turin and Pinerolo
A joint project of
The Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network – Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo
Instrument lessons from section leaders of the Orchestra Sinfonica RAI
Chamber music lessons at the Accademia from renowned teachers
Opportunity to take part in orchestra rehearsals with the RAI Orchestra
Scholarships awarded on merit for deserving students
3rd year of the Professione Orchestra, the programme designed to train young musicians to work as professional members of an orchestra, developed through a partnership between the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale of the RAI national broadcasting network, famed for its concert performances ranging from the great classical repertorio to historic avantgarde and contemporary music, and the Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo, a school for advanced music teaching focused especially on chamber music and orchestra repertoire.
Performing passages and solos from repertoire, perfecting flexibility of execution, developing the capacity to modulate their musical contribution in response to instructions from the conductors, as well as to those of the individual section leaders: these are just a few of the skills necessary for an orchestra professional. The course we offer covers all of these and more, providing young musicians under 30 with an authentic on-the-job training experience (taking part in the RAI orchestra rehearsals for the concerts in their 2018/2019 Concert Season) and with advanced music courses, which include lessons in instrument with section leaders from the RAI Orchestra Sinfonica and in chamber music at the Accademia di musica di Pinerolo with Andrea Lucchesini and Lukas Hagen, teachers of international renown.
The project is with che contribution of the Compagnia di San Paolo foundation (Main supporter).
>> PART I: 23 September – 5 October 2019
Two workshops of six days each (23/28 September and 30 September / 5 October), to be held at the RAI Auditorium. Workshops will be attended by a maximum of 48 students and 8 teachers.
Each workshop will be structured as follows:
- One individual instrument lesson per day;
- Lessons with the instrument section with programme still to be decided;
- Lessons in Alexander technique with Paolo Olivieri*;
- A final assessment test which will be the simulation of an audition for a place in an orchestra.
* The Alexander technique is a method of body-mind re-education that makes us more aware of balance, posture and physical movements in daily life, and so able to relax harmful muscular tension that has unconsciously become part of habitual daily movements. The Alexander technique re-educates our sense of kinesthesia, optimizing the distribution of body weight and muscular tension. The technique is taught through a series of lessons in which the instructor uses light manipulations and simple movements (as well as verbal instructions) to encourage the student to explore and discover a more efficient and balanced way to use the mind and body. The Alexander technique has proved to be extremely effective in optimising body function and in preventing damage caused by bad postural habits. For this reason it has been taught for decades in the most prestigious schools of music and drama all over the world, notably the Royal Academy of Music and Royal College of Music in London and the Juilliard School in New York.
23 – 28 Sept. 2019
|Violino / violin||Roberto RANFALDI||Programma di studio|
|Violoncello / cello||Massimo MACRI’||Programma di studio|
|Flauto / flute||Alberto BARLETTA||Programma di studio|
|Oboe / oboe||Francesco POMARICO||Programma di studio|
|Clarinetto / clarinet||Enrico Maria BARONI||Programma di studio|
|Fagotto / bassoon||Andrea CORSI||Programma di studio|
|Tromba / trumpet||Roberto ROSSI||Programma di studio|
|Trombone / trombone||Diego DI MARIO||Programma di studio|
30 Sept. – 5 Oct. 2019
|Violino / violin||Alessandro MILANI||Programma di studio|
|Viola / alto||Luca RANIERI||Programma di studio|
|Violoncello / cello||Pierpaolo TOSO||Programma di studio|
|Contrabbasso / double-bass||Francesco PLATONI||Programma di studio|
|Flauto / flute||Dante MILOZZI||Programma di studio|
|Clarinetto / clarinet||Luca MILANI||Programma di studio|
|Corno / horn||Ettore BONGIOVANNI||Programma di studio|
|Timpani / tympani||Claudio ROMANO e Biagio ZOLI||Programma di studio|
|Arpa / harp||Margherita BASSANI||Programma di studio|
Special discounts for students by arrangement with Rai staff canteen and Sermig
>> PART II – October 2019 – June 2020
The best students from the 2 workshops (maximum 8) will be selected by the Artistic Committee (members are the Artistic Director of the Rai, the Artistic Director of the Accademia di Musica, one teacher from the academy and two section leaders from the Rai Orchestra) to take part in a year-long course that is completely free and will consist of:
- one instrument lesson (2 hours) per month for 4 months taught by a RAI section leader;
- taking part in the orchestra rehearsals for 4 concerts in the 2019/2020 RAI season;
- 4 chamber music lessons taught by Andrea Lucchesini and Lukas Hagen at the Accademia di Musica.
Deadline for applications 24 July 2019, more info in the regulations you can download below.
For any further inquiries e-mail us at segreteria@accademiadimusica.