Absolutely new in the field of music education in Italy, our Post-graduate specialist courses in music performance offer two years of training in solo piano, solo contemporary piano, violin and cello, and are recognised by the MIUR (Ministry for Education, Universities and Research).
Each course offers:
- Individual instrument lessons, generally held monthly (also on line), which are grouped into modules and taught by several teachers in order to guarantee a high level of specialist training. Therefore, it is not possible for applicants to choose a single teacher with whom they wish to study. Students are encouraged to attend the individual instrument lessons of other students as auditors.
- Group lessons in chamber music, which will be held in residential sessions at one of the venues used by the Accademia: decisions about when the courses will be held will depend on the progress of the pandemic and the formation of chamber music ensembles.
- Group lessons in analysis, and history of music, law and the music business, which will be held preferably in residential sessions. These lessons may also be conducted, totally or in part, in distance learning mode.
Compulsory attendance (80%) for courses on the study programme. The Management of the Accademia reserves the right to modify the previously established calendar of lessons subsequent to force majeure events (e.g. pandemic)
To be eligible to apply for the course candidates must possess a second level degree in music from a university-level school of music (Conservatoires and ex IMPs), or from an institute of higher education authorised to award certificates of Advanced Studies in Art, Music and Dance (as per Italian law ex art. 11 DPR 8 July 2005, no.212). Applications from candidates with certification or a qualification from another country that is legally recognised as equivalent will also be considered. Students who complete the Specialist courses will be awarded a qualification recognised by the MIUR (Ministry for Education, Universities and Research) as being equivalent to that awarded by other schools offering Specialist degrees in music (Scuola di Specializzazione in Beni Musicali Strumentali). For further information consult the Regulations.
Each student must be equipped with a small microphone, webcam, internet connection.
In order to apply for these courses candidates must complete the application form below and send it accompanied by:
- ID documentation (jpg or pdf);
- CV/resumé (doc or pdf);
- Receipt of payment of the application fee (jpg or pdf);
- Link to video (see Entrance exam);
- Signed privacy consent form;
- Signed image release consent form;
- One high-resolution (300 dpi) photo of the candidate, preferably taken during a concert performance;
- The repertoire already performed as chamber music (doc or pdf).
- The signed Regulations
In order to apply for these courses candidates must complete the application form below and send it no later than Friday 21st may 2021.
There are two stages to the selection process.
The admission panel will first assess the candidate’s CV/resumé, which must be accompanied by a video of 15 minutes (minimum) to 30 minutes (maximum). The candidate must provide us with the link for this video, viewable on a platform for storing and sharing contents online (such as Youtube, Google Drive, Vimeo…). The results of the first stage of selection will be communicated to candidates by e-mail no lather than11 June 2021. The video must include:
- A sonata by Domenico Scarlatti
- The first movement of a classical sonata
- An important work, or part of it, chosen between Romantic and Modern composers, including Maurice Ravel
Candidates admitted to the second stage of selection must take an audition in which they are required to give a live performance of the pieces they played in the video (from a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 20). This will be followed by a personal interview. Auditions will take place in Turin in September 2021.
Before applying candidates must pay the application fee of €100. The proof of receipt of payment must accompany the application form. Bank transfers to be made out to:
Accademia di Musica
Cod Bic Swift: BCITITMM
Motivation: Name and Surname + Application fee for Postgraduate Specialist Course
BURSARIES AND TUITION FEE:
Any student who passes the audition stage and is accepted into the course will be considered for a bursary. There is no need to make a specific request. Bursaries are awarded on merit, which is assessed through the quality of the audition performance, the CV/resumé presented and by the results of the personal interview. The amount of the bursary will depend on the funds made available to the school by companies, public and private bodies, personal donations and legacies, but cannot exceed 5,000 euros, alf of the annual quota set for each academic year (10,000 euros for European students). Any candidate who wins a bursary will be informed in writing (by e-mail) of the award and the total sum of money involved.
A bursary awarded for the 1st year of the course may be awarded again for the 2nd year, wholly or in part. The awarding of a bursary for the 1st year does not guarantee that the student will automatically be awarded a bursary for the 2nd year. Similarly, a student who has not been granted a bursary for the 1st year, is not precluded from receiving a bursary for the 2nd year. All decisions regarding the awarding of bursaries are completely at the discretion of the management of the Accademia di Musica, in consultation with the President and the Board of Directors, and will be based on the financial resources available to the school, as well as on the assessment of the student’s merits provided by the teaching staff of the School of Postgraduate Specialisation and the panel of examiners conducting the entrance exams.
PAYMENT OF FEES:
The total amount of the tuition fees, excluding possible deductions for a bursary awarded, must be paid in three installments. Further information will be provided by the secretary at the beginning of each year.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE COURSE:
Any student wishing to withdraw from the course may do so by means of a written statement addressed to the Management of the Accademia di Musica. No refund of fees paid will be possible.