Absolutely new in the field of music education in Italy, our Post-graduate specialist courses in music performance offer two years of training in solo piano, solo contemporary piano, viola, violin, cello and guitar, and are recognised by the MIUR (Ministry for Education, Universities and Research). The first 2-year course ( 2019/21) is currently in progress in Pinerolo, Torino e Banna. Enrolment is now open for the 2020/22 course (applications must be sent by 8th May 2020).
Each course offers:
- Individual instrument lessons, generally held monthly, which are grouped into modules and taught by several teachers in order to guarantee a high level of specialist training. Therefore, it is not possible for applicants to choose a single teacher with whom they wish to study. Students are encouraged to attend the individual instrument lessons of other students as auditors. The academic year begins in November and finishes in June. Taught courses for the year 2019/2020 follow this calendar of lessons. The Accademia’s 2020/21 calendar will be posted at a future date.
- Group lessons in analysis, and history of music, chamber music, law and the music business,which will be held in residential sessions. The first 2-year course (2019/21) is currently in progress at Tenuta Banna in Poirino, in partnership with the Fondazione Spinola-Banna per l’Arte foundation on these dates:
- 3-7 February 2020
- 23-27 March 2020
- 8-16 June 2020
Compulsory attendance (80%) for courses on the study programme. Lessons will be held in Pinerolo, at the Accademia di Musica’s main centre; in Turin, at Palazzo Cisterna; at Tenuta Banna in Poirino (2019/20), in partnership with the Fondazione Spinola-Banna per l’Arte foundation.
To be eligible to apply for the course candidates must possess a second level degree in music from a university-level school of music (Conservatoires and ex IMPs), or from an institute of higher education authorised to award certificates of Advanced Studies in Art, Music and Dance (as per Italian law ex art. 11 DPR 8 July 2005, no.212). Applications from candidates with certification or a qualification from another country that is legally recognised as equivalent will also be considered. Students who complete the Specialist courses will be awarded a qualification recognised by the MIUR (Ministry for Education, Universities and Research) as being equivalent to that awarded by other schools offering Specialist degrees in music (Scuola di Specializzazione in Beni Musicali Strumentali). For further information consult the Regulations.
In order to apply for these courses candidates must complete the application form below and send it no later than 8 May 2020, accompanied by:
- ID documentation;
- Receipt of payment of the application fee;
- Link to video (see Entrance exam);
- Signed privacy consent form;
- Signed image release consent form;
- One high-resolution (300 dpi) photo of the candidate, preferably taken during a concert performance;
- The repertoire already performed as chamber music.
There are two stages to the selection process.
The admission panel will first assess the candidate’s CV/resumé, which must be accompanied by a video of 15 minutes (minimum) to 25 minutes (maximum). The candidate must provide us with the link for this video, viewable on a platform for storing and sharing contents online (such as Youtube, Google Drive, Vimeo…). By 16 May 2020 the results of the first stage of selection will be communicated to candidates by e-mail. The video must include:
- A sonata by Domenico Scarlatti
- The first movement of a classical sonata
- An important work, or part of it, chosen between Romantic and Modern composers, including Maurice Ravel
Candidates admitted to the second stage of selection must take an audition in which they are required to give a live performance of the pieces they played in the video (from a minimum of 10 minutes to a maximum of 20). This will be followed by a personal interview. Auditions will take place in Turin on these dates: 25, 26, 27 and 28 May 2020.
Candidates will be informed of the results of the auditions/interviews by 30 May 2020.
Before applying candidates must pay the application fee of €100. The proof of receipt of payment must accompany the application form. Bank transfers to be made out to:
Accademia di Musica
Cod Bic Swift: BLOPIT22
Motivation: Name and Surname + Application fee for Postgraduate Specialist Course
BURSARIES AND TUITION FEE:
Any student who passes the audition stage and is accepted into the course will be considered for a bursary. There is no need to make a specific request. Bursaries are awarded on merit, which is assessed through the quality of the audition performance, the CV/resumé presented and by the results of the personal interview. The amount of the bursary will depend on the funds made available to the school by companies, public and private bodies, personal donations and legacies, but cannot exceed 10,000 euros, the annual quota set for the 2020/2021 academic year (European students). Any candidate who wins a bursary will be informed in writing (by e-mail) of the award and the total sum of money involved.
> 8 May 2020
Deadline for applications for selection.
> 16 May 2020
Posting of the list of candidates admitted to the second stage of selection and the audition dates.
> 25 – 28 May 2020
Auditions and candidate interviews.
> 30 May 2020
Posting of the list of candidates admitted to the courses.
> November 2020
Lessons begin. By the starting date of the course, successful candidates must confirm their intention to enrol and must effect payment of tuition fees.