Applications for being invited from musicians aged 33 and under for the International Chamber Music Competition Pinerolo e Torino Città metropolitana, due to be held in 2023 in Pinerolo and Turin, Italy. The competition, a member of the World Federation of Music Competitions, will be judged by a panel made up of Lukas Hagen (Austria), violin; Klauss Kaufmann (Germany), piano; Liisa Randalu (Estonia), viola; Joel Hoffmann (USA), composer; Marco Zuccarini (Italia), conductor; Miklós Perényi (Hungary), cello; Gabriele Mirabassi (Italy), clarinet.
Among the competitors will be some of the world’s finest young musicians on the international scene today. The first round will be a pre-selection by video recording, with applications due by 31 January 2022.
- APPLICATIONS: entrants must send their application, together with their video, by and no later than 31 January 2022
- PRESELECTION BY VIDEO: 25 ensembles will chosen from the applicants by the jury: results will be communicated by 13 March 2022.
- COMPETITION ROUNDS:
- 6 – 11 March, Pinerolo (To): Elimination round and semifinals (Patrizia Cerutti Bresso Hall)
- 12 March, Turin: Final (Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi Concert Hall)
- 12 March, Turin: Winners’ Concert (Conservatorio Giuseppe Verdi Concert Hall, 8.30 pm)
Should the pandemic emergency continue into 2023, making it impossible to conduct the live competition rounds on the dates planned, the organizing committee will make the decision either to postpone the competition or to conduct it online.