Effective Memorisation Strategies for Pianists — Mental Practice Workshop by Enrico Elisi takes place on the 14th December 2023 from 9.30 a.m. to 06:00 p.m at Accademia di Musica.
The present workshop on effective memorisation strategies based on mental practice illustrates techniques by which someone with the intent of practising creates a mental representation of a preconceived idea or action to enhance performance. Through increased focus and concentration, pianists will learn how to study portions of a score in their minds without spending considerable time at the piano.
Among the techniques illustrated in this workshop are:
- Motor imagery (visualising the feeling of moving the fingers).
- Organising groupings found in the text (also through formal, melodic, and rhythmic analysis).
- Singing and feeling intervallic relationships.
- Scene memory (rapid eye movements to identify the next position on the key).
- Switches (slight changes of patterns often resulting in memory slips).
These tools are helpful, and while they cannot replace the actual practising at the keyboard, they are invaluable mental rehearsal devices.
Deadline for sending inscriptions to the masterclass is 4th December 2023.
How to apply
Please, send an e-mail to email@example.com with your personal data and the request to participate to the workshop, and annex the receipt of payment of the attendance fee.
– Attendance fee: € 70,00
– Accademia students: € 50,00
– Conservatorio students: € 60,00
Payment of the enrolment fee must be made when you send your application to attend the Masterclass, by means of a bank draft or postal order made payable to ‘Accademia di Musica’, or by bank transfer to the account c/c IBAN IT71X0306909606100000101696 BIC (SWIFT) BCITITMM
If the student withdraws from the Masterclass, there will be NO refund of the enrolment fee.