How can you regulate your hand and arm movements to give you a sound that is richer and more varied?
How can you avoid errors, and render your execution more fluid and natural.
How can you manage the weight of the arm in legato and in the various dynamics of playing?
The course is intended for all pianists and teachers of piano who wish to learn more about the basic principles of piano technique, in order to develop greater awareness in their execution at the piano and in teaching piano.
Natural Principles of Piano Technique is the second module of Roberto Prosseda’s interactive workshop for pianists but can be attended as a single course. Like all the modules in the Workshop it is held over two months and consists of:
- Six meetings online online of two hours each. The lessons will be recorded on video and will be available to students.
- Intensive 12-hour workshop in person, held at the Accademia di Musica, where Prosseda will accompany his teaching with frequent demonstrations on the piano and the students will have the opportunity to put into practice the principles they have learnt.
- One hour of individual guidance individuale.
- Online sharing of materials distributed, video recordings of demonstrations, and scores.
Roberto Prosseda’s interactive workshop is intended for all pianists wishing to further develop their piano technique and culture, perhaps with a view to a career in teaching or as a concert performer, and who wish to develop greater awareness of how to make music on a piano.
Applications must reach our offices by 21 December 2022. When enrolling, please inform us whether you have received the enrolment application for the other two modules.
No selection test is necessary before enrolment, but the number of places on the course is limited. When two applicants are of equal merit, admission will be decided on the basis of the date when the enrolment application was sent.
Enrolment fee for one module:
Tuition fees (annual):
– € 700,00 (1 module)
– € 1300,00 (2 modules)
– € 1800,00 (3 modules)
COVID-19 DISCOUNT on annual tuition fee
- Discount of € 70 for students of 2021/22 one-year courses
- Discount of € 50 for new students.
For students concurrently enrolled in one of the piano courses at the Accademia di Musica di Pinerolo, enrolment is free and there is a discount of € 100.00 on the annual tuition fees.
The enrolment fee must be paid annually by bank transfer. It is non-refundable. Payments of enrolment and tuition fees must be made by bank transfer on the following bank account details:
BANK: Intesa San Paolo
ACCOUNT HELD TO: Accademia di Musica onlus
ADRESS: Piazza Paolo Ferrari, 10 – 10121 Milano